If you’ve just bought a large screen Plasma or LCD television, then mounting that TV on the wall can make a lot of sense. It will free up space in the home and will give you the great viewing capability.
TV wall mounting can be relatively simple, but it’s also easy to make a mess if you don’t know what you’re doing. Here are some quick tips on how to get it right:
– Select the right mounting brackets. There are three types of brackets to choose from – flat wall mounts, tilting wall mounts and articulating wall mounts. Check the manufacturer’s guidelines in the user manual for your TV and see what they suggest. It’s crucial that you choose brackets that can hold the weight of the screen so make sure you read any guidelines carefully.
– Decide which wall you want to erect the TV on to. Sit down on your sofa and chairs and determine the best height and viewing angle for everybody to enjoy the viewing experience. Don’t set it too high because that will ultimately cause neck strain and you also want to make sure that you are near enough to power outlets to connect the TV to.
– Locate the studs on the wall before securing your TV in place and then find the rails attaching to the TV and fit them onto the mounting bracket.
– Mark the location where you will be using your power drill and secure the mounting bracket. Once you have set the bracket firmly, then you can install your television.
– Ideally route the cables behind the wall or into a cut-out channel with ducting that is then plastered over. Failing that, you can use cable management systems that can be mounted on the surface of the wall but these can be unsightly.
If the above sounds too daunting and you’re worried about making mistakes then don’t panic. At Aerial Services we have many years experience of successful TV wall mounting so please give us a call and we’d be happy to help you.